Helplines & Support Groups
Sometimes it’s easier to speak honestly to a stranger. If you feel it would help you to speak with someone please call one of the numbers below. The people at end of the phone won’t judge you, they will just listen and try to help you.
- Childline FREEPHONE 1800 66 66 66
- Samaritans 1850 60 90 900
- Teen-Line Ireland 1800 833 634
- The National LGBT Helpline Call: 1890 929 539 OR Text LGBTI+ to 086 1800 280
- Jigsaw offer support and advice to young people (aged 12-25) experiencing mental health difficulties.
- BodyWhys 1890 200 444
- PIETA HOUSE FREEPHONE 1800 247 247 – 24/7 Suicide Helpline is available or text “HELP” to 51444
- Aware Freephone 1800 80 48 48 Aware’s Support Line. Available Monday to Sunday from 10am – 10pm.
Online advice for young people is available from the following sites.
- SpunOut is an independent, youth led national charity working to empower young people between the ages of 16 and 25 to create personal and social change. 50808 is a free, 24/7 text message support service
- TEENLINE www.teenline.ie Tel: 1800 833 634
- CHILDLINE www.childline.ie FREE TEXT 50101
- BeLonGTo support young Lesbian Gay Bisexual & Transgender (LGBTQI+) people
- Bodywhys is the national voluntary organisation supporting people affected by eating disorders.
These sites can provide useful advice for parents and guardians
- Parentline provides a completely confidential helpline for parents and guardians. LoCall 1890 927277 or 01 8733500
- NPC National Parents Council Primary “NPC Information/Helpline is a confidential service for parents. The Information/Helpline officers listen, and give information and support to parents to help them make the best possible decisions for and with their children.” If you have a query on any aspect of your child’s education please contact the Information / Helpline on Tel: 01-8874477 email: [email protected]The Information / Helpline is open from: Monday to Wednesday from 10am to 5pm and on Thursday and Friday from 10am to 4pm Information / Helpline Officers will be available to help you with any issue you may have.
- NPCPP National Parents Council Post-Primary Tel: +353 (1) 830 2740
- Loving Our Out Kids (Formerly Parents Support) is a support organisation run by parents for other parents who have lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender children of any age.
- Transgender Family Support Line Tel: 01 907 3707 Sunday (6pm – 9pm) and Tuesday (10am – 12pm).